16 Sept 2012

The Playlist: OSHEAGA 2012


The Osheaga Music And Arts Festival is a multi-day indie music festival held at Parc Jean-Drapeau right in Montreal (a music festival that could be reached by subway?! Incroyable). 2012 marked the year I went to a really big music festival and I must say, it was awesome and I would definitely make this a yearly thing.

For an "indie-music" festival, there were a lot of big names present (i.e. Justice, Snoop Dogg, The Black Keys) but what really stole the show for me was the EDM tent which was just plain fun every time  you approached it.

Well, I know its kind of late, but here is a playlist of some of the favourite acts I saw during this 2012 iteration of the festival, organized chronologically by day and time they performed (see the whole lineup schedule HERE):



FRIDAY

"I Am A Heart" by Hey Ocean!
"My Girl" by Yukon Blonde
"We Are Young" by fun.
"She's Dope" by Down With Webster [funnest performers at the place]
"Dougou Badia" by Amadou & Mariam
"Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand
"Rude Boy" by Zeds Dead
"Waters Of Nazareth" by Justice

SATURDAY

"The Kids Were Wrong" by Memoryhouse
"Lightshow" by Plants And Animals
"My Body" by Young The Giant
"Le Bonheur" by Dumas
"Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades" by Brand New
"Push It" by Garbage
"It's Another Day" by The Death Set
"Constant Surprises" by Little Dragon
"Gin And Juice" by Snoop Dogg


SUNDAY

"Are You Gonna Waste My Time?" by Zeus
"Post-War Blues" by Dan Mangan
"Changes" by The Airborne Toxic Event
"Take A Walk" by Passion Pit
"Ghetto Dreams" by Common
"Simple Song" by The Shins
"Kettling" by Bloc Party
"Undertaker" by Wolfgang Gartner
"Midnight City" by M83
"Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys
"Bonfire" by Knife Party


Overall, review of my time at Osheaga 2012:
  • Most fun = Down With Webster
  • Most out of place = The Weeknd (just sounded weird at 6:40pm)
  • Best surprise = Wolfgang Gartner
  • Best "mosh pit" = Bloc Party
  • Best show = Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment